P90X

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ninja Blender, a dieter's best friend

Today blog is going to be a little different. Since eating correctly is so important for anyone who is dieting, I am going to talk about an item (Ninja Blender) that has really helped me. 

One day I was bored and channel surfing and saw an infomercial on the Ninja Blender, which I found it to be quite interesting. I am not sure why I decided to watch it since I hardly ever watch infomercials. What intrigued me was the blades, how it mixed/blended and the self adjusting power. I didn't buy it that day since I wasn't sure about it plus it seemed to be a bit costly. A few days later, I was making a smoothie for lunch and got completely frustrated since my regular blender was struggling so badly. So, I decided I would give the  Ninja Blender a try. I went to my computer and I ordered it. Let me just say that it's one of the best things that I have ever ordered because it is awesome. It does everything it says it does.    
For anyone who is dieting, ultimately, you need to break the habit of eating junk food.In trying to eat healthy, for breakfast or lunch (mostly lunch) I will make myself a fruit smoothie. It consists berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), a banana, some non-fat yogurt, and a little fruit juice (orange or whatever else I may have).  If available, the smoothie may get some grapes and/or kiwi and/or orange, etc. Take all of the ingredients noted above and throw them into a blender, put it on liquify and that's pretty much it.

Although I try to use as much fresh fruit as possible. I typically use mostly frozen fruit, since fresh fruit seems to spoil quickly and is harder to get in the Winter months. Fresh fruit is also a little more expensive in the Winter. 


If I am home alone, I make a smoothie for myself. If my wife and kids are home, I put in alot more ingredients so we can all have one.What I have learned is, the blender can make all the difference in the world. When I initially started making them, I noticed that the blender would struggle. If the ingredients had a lot of frozen fruit, it really struggled. I would constantly have to turn it off, add more juice and then would have to hand stir it. Even then, it would struggle and I could even smell the motor in the blender getting very warm. We had gotten Magic Bullet Blender from a friend for Christmas one year and I put it to good use making the smoothies. At first it worked great however, the motor died relatively quickly because it couldn't handle the load.  So, one thing that caught my attention was that the Ninja Blender would self adapt and apply more horse power when it needed it. I was skeptical at first, however after using it now for a long period of time, I have found that the Ninja Blender lives up to what it says.

This post it mostly talking about the Ninja Blender and how good it is for making smoothies, which is what I use it for most often, since a smoothie is a great way to substitute a meal when dieting. . Its also good at making other things, dough, soup etc., which can also be good for someone who is dieting. If you go to the site, you can see all that this wonderful device does.

I highly recommend this for everyone, its well worth the price.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment